Sometimes, your career can evolve in surprising ways, and you can either fight those changes or embrace them. In this episode of Career Relaunch, Julian Mather a former army sniper turned TV cameraman turned magician discusses the importance of letting go and embracing the twists and turns of your career. I also share some thoughts on the importance of putting yourself out there to create new opportunities in your career.
Key Career Insights
- When you’re exploring a new career path, you really have to immerse yourself in every aspect of that new path in order to understand whether it can fit into your desired career trajectory.
- Even when your career takes a turn for the worse, you always have the opportunity to bounce make, make the most of the hand you’ve been dealt, and reinvent yourself.
- New opportunities often emerge when you take the initiative to bravely put yourself out there and just give things a shot, especially during those times when you don’t quite feel 100% ready.
Tweetables to Share
About Julian Mather, Cameraman & Magician
Julian Mather wasn’t at school the day they taught conventional career planning. A chronic truant he self educated and read between the lines to find the secrets to turning his obsession into his profession. From high school failure to Army sniper to globe trotting TV cameraman to kids entertainer to online entrepreneur he really hasn’t felt he has a worked a day in his life. And at 55 he says he’s only just beginning to hit his straps. Julian uses his simple truths and life changing resources to inspire and educate mid lifers and halt the 45-65 year old mental health decline and rising suicide rate among men at his site TailorMadeCareer.com. He now runs the world’s #1 training academy for professional children’s entertainers while re-inventing himself as a speaker & expert on midlife career change.
Be sure to check out Julian’s hand picked podcast episodes that will inspire you and teach you the art of change. Also, watch a few of Julian’s Magician School videos on YouTube to learn a few magic tricks like this one . . .
Did You Enjoy This Episode? Please Let Us Know!
- Tweet: If you enjoyed this episode and have a few seconds to spare, Tweet to let me and Julian know!
Tweet a thank you!
- Review: I’d also love for you to leave a positive review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, which helps my show reach more people who want to relaunch their careers.
- Subscribe: Be sure to subscribe to Career Relaunch podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Android, or Google Play (it’s free) so you don’t miss out on the latest episodes. Full instructions.
- Stay in touch: Follow Career Relaunch on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also follow host Joseph on Twitter and Facebook.
Comments, Suggestions, or Questions?
If you have any lingering thoughts, questions, or topics you would like covered on future episodes, record a voicemail for me right here. I LOVE hearing from listeners!
Leave Joseph a Voicemail
You can also leave a comment below. Thanks!