Sometimes, getting fired from your job can be a blessing in disguise. This was true for Chief Revenue Officer turned professional speaker and author Heather Monahan. In this episode of Career Relaunch, Heather will share her thoughts on the power of sharing your vulnerabilities, asking for assistance when you need it most, and the steps she’s taken in her career to become more confident. In the Mental Fuel segment, I also share some thoughts on how asking for help made my transition from the US to the UK much smoother.
Key Career Insights
- Journaling allows you to look back and gain strength from seeing how far you’ve come
- Getting rid of negative people in your life opens up opportunity for positive people to come into your life.
- Allowing yourself to be vulnerable and being very transparent with the kind of help you need gives you an opportunity to receive that help.
- Done is better than perfect.
Tweetables to Share
Check out Heather’s book Confidence Creator, filled with her personal stories of her own career turning points and how she built her own confidence along the way.
During this episode’s Mental Fuel segment, I asked you to consider one area in your career where you could really use some help. Then, once you’ve identified that area, to let people know you’re looking for help in this area. You might just get that nudge in the right direction, the introduction to someone who can make a difference, or an idea you hadn’t thought of that helps you turn a corner.
About Heather Monahan, speaker & author
Heather Monahan is a best-selling author, keynote speaker with the Harry Walker Agency, brand ambassador for Perry Ellis International, entrepreneur, and founder of Boss In Heels. Having worked nearly 20 years in Corporate America, Heather’s been named a Glass Ceiling Award winner, one of the most Influential Women in Radio in 2017, and a Limit Breaking Female Founder in 2018 by Thrive Global. She’s also a member of Florida International University’s Advisory Council, serving as a mentor and leader in the South Florida Community. Most importantly Heather is Dylan’s Mom.
Did You Enjoy This Episode? Please Let Us Know!
- Tweet: If you enjoyed this episode and have a few seconds to spare, Tweet to let me and Heather know!
Tweet a thank you!
- Review: I’d also love for you to leave a positive review and rating for the podcast on Apple Podcasts, which helps my show reach more people who want to relaunch their careers.
- Subscribe: Be sure to subscribe to Career Relaunch podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or Android so you can automatically get each new episode on your device. Full instructions.
- Stay in touch: Follow Career Relaunch on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also follow host Joseph on Twitter and Facebook.
Comments, Suggestions, or Questions?
If you have any lingering thoughts, questions, or topics you would like covered on future episodes, record a voicemail for me right here. I LOVE hearing from listeners!
Leave Joseph a Voicemail
You can also leave a comment below. Thanks!
Thanks to BrandYourself for Supporting Career Relaunch
A2 Hosting allows you to offers simple tools and services to help control what people find when they Google you. To clean up, protect, and improve how you look online, visit BrandYourself.com and use promo code ‘RELAUNCH’ to get 50% off a Premium membership.