What can bravery do for your career? In this episode of Career Relaunch, Raluca Comanescu, an architect turned productivity trainer shares her thoughts on an emotions-based approach to setting authentic goals, the power of accountability, and the importance of self-love. I also share some thoughts on how you can inject more bravery into your own career decisions.
Key Career Insights
- People too often “borrow” goals from others that sound good on paper but don’t really carry the same meaning or importance.
- Finding and having an accountability partner can help you stay on track with your goals.
- Emotions are a big part of goal setting. That means you need to pay attention to which emotions are serving you and how you can recharge those emotions.
Tweetables to Share
- Raluca mentioned that she got her first client on Odesk (now Upwork). Read more about where you can hire freelancers.
- Brave businesses learn to love failure– great article about bravery from the Drum Marketing Magazine. Geared toward marketers, but applicable to anyone who’s interested in the topic of bravery.
During this episode’s Mental Fuel segment, I talked about the importance of bravery. I’d welcome you sharing your brave decision in the comments below. Also, if you’re looking for an accountability partner, consider joining the new Career Relaunch Facebook group.
About Raluca Comanescu, productivity trainer
Raluca Comanescu is a Productivity Trainer, and creator of thefeathers.ink Navigator – the planner to break dreams down into actions. Passionate about design and curious about experiences and emotions, she’s gone from being a full-time architect, to unfolding her design agency, then launching two products to give people more time. After experiencing work addiction herself, she’s now training people to take control of their time, strip away all the junk, and get down to action. Follow Raluca on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Did You Enjoy This Episode? Please Let Us Know!
- Tweet: If you enjoyed this episode and have a few seconds to spare, Tweet to let me and Raluca know!
Tweet a thank you!
- Review: I’d also love for you to leave a positive review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, which helps my show reach more people who want to relaunch their careers.
- Subscribe: Be sure to subscribe to Career Relaunch podcast on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Android, or Google Play (it’s free) so you don’t miss out on the latest episodes. Full instructions.
- Stay in touch: Follow Career Relaunch on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also follow host Joseph on Twitter and Facebook.
Comments, Suggestions, or Questions?
If you have any lingering thoughts, questions, or topics you would like covered on future episodes, record a voicemail for me right here. I LOVE hearing from listeners!
Leave Joseph a Voicemail
You can also leave a comment below. Thanks!
Forest is the mobile app that helps you stay focused and present while also helping to plant real trees on the earth. Visit JosephPLiu.com/Forest to download the app on iOS or Android today.