International cover model turned food entrepreneur Colette Russell Smith shares her thoughts on handling setbacks and the importance of turning your ideas into concrete actions. I also explain how I move forward with daunting goals during the Mental Fuel® segment.
Key Career Insights
- If someone says “no,” it may have absolutely nothing to do with you. Persistence is about continuing on in spite of the rejection.
- By paying close attention to your own behaviours, it can offer clues into what you’re truly passionate about.
- Maintaining balance requires mixing rigorous planning with time to just decompress.
Tweetables to Share
- Colette mentioned Touker Suleyman from Dragon’s Den.
- This is a good book on Getting Things Done, by David Allen.
- If you’re interested in learning more about the modelling agency Colette mentioned in London, it’s Nevs Models.
During this episode’s Mental Fuel segment, I talked about the importance of turning your ideas into actual concrete actions that drive results. I’d love to hear what bold ideas you’re going to begin acting on. Share your plans with the Career Relaunch community by leaving a comment below.
About Colette Cronje Russell Smith, International Model & Food Entrepreneur
Colette Russell Smith was born in the food and wine region of South Africa and has always been a passionate foodie. In fact, she liked potatoes so much she decided to change her name: she and her husband Mike will got married in December 2016, becoming partners in life as well as in business. Colette is a keen globetrotter and has lived all over the world. Prior to receiving her Honours Bachelor’s in Commerce at the University of South Africa, she studied film at the New York Film Academy in Los Angeles. Colette is also a qualified Pilates Instructor and is very focused on well-being.
She has been an international model for the past 10 years, working with leading agencies across three different continents, representing some of the world’s most esteemed brands in their categories. Colette is now based in England where she’s the co-founder of the SAVOURSMITHS brand, combining quality home-grown produce with big global flavours in stylish packaging for a totally new take on a traditional snack. Follow Colette on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
View a sampling of Colette’s modeling shots . . .
Check out the SavourSmiths flavours Colette mentioned. Yum!😋
Did You Enjoy This Episode? Please Let Us Know!
- Tweet: If you enjoyed this episode and have a few seconds to spare, Tweet to let me and Colette know!
Tweet a thank you!
- Review: I’d also love for you to leave a positive review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, which helps my show reach more people who want to relaunch their careers.
- Subscribe: Be sure to subscribe to Career Relaunch podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Android, or Google Play (it’s free) so you don’t miss out on the latest episodes. Full instructions.
- Stay in touch: Follow Career Relaunch on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can also follow host Joseph on Twitter and Facebook.
Comments, Suggestions, or Questions?
If you have any lingering thoughts, questions, or topics you would like covered on future episodes, record a voicemail for me right here. I LOVE hearing from listeners!
Leave Joseph a Voicemail
You can also leave a comment below. Thanks!
Thanks to General Assembly for Supporting this Podcast
Thanks to General Assembly for sponsoring this episode of Career Relaunch. General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. Visit GA.co to lean how to boost your career. Use Promo code ‘RELAUNCH‘ for 20% off your 1st class or workshop.