Become a Guest Contributor
Are you passionate about helping others succeed in relaunching their careers? Looking for a new audience with whom to share your career advice? Have a great idea that you think would be perfect for my readers? Josephpliu.com is always looking for new writers, and can help you amplify your reputation and visibility as a career & personal branding expert amongst mid-career professionals.
What I do want
- Advice from people who have navigated times of change in their careers or can provide expert advice when it comes to marketing yourself or your personal brand during times of transition.
- Articles that offer a deeply personal take on making brave leaps in your career (think “What I learned from leaving my job behind,” not “How to write a resume”).
- Expert-backed pieces that provide clear, actionable advice to my readers.
- Strong, high quality writing that matches my voice and style (empowering, supportive, and personal).
- Length between 750-2000 words. Yeah, articles here tend to be a longer, which my readers don’t mind!
What I don’t prefer
- Generic or broad job-related content. E.g., How to dress for an interview, 4 cover letter tips. You can find this plenty of other places.
- Articles targeted to college students or recent graduates.
- Anything promotional of a specific company or brand, including YOUR brand.
- Anything with unnatural inline links.
- Grammatical errors, typos, profanity, or cuss words. It really needs to be high quality writing that doesn’t require further edits.
3 benefits for you!
- First & foremost, the opportunity to have a positive, clarifying impact on someone’s career & life.
- Exposure to an engaged audience of people who aspire to do meaningful work, shared via all my social media networks. As of April 2016, I currently average about 3,500 unique monthly visitors.
- A professional looking platform to share your unique insights. Here are a few things readers have said about this site:
- “Thank you for helping me figure out what I want to do next in my career.” -reader in Singapore
- “I absolutely love reading your blog. Your articles are always so ‘pleasant’ to read.” -reader from San Francisco, CA
- “Your blog looks amazing. We’re in the process of revamping our website, and I’d love to know who designed your site?” -visitor from London
Ready to get started?
To submit a story for consideration, please contact me with the subject line ARTICLE IDEA: [Story Idea]. Unfortunately, I can’t respond to all inquiries, but I’ll definitely be in touch if I’d like to hear more. We provide these guidelines to help your understand what I’m looking for, so please keep them in mind.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A bit about you: Give us 1-2 sentences about yourself and the experiences you have to share.
- Your idea: Pitch your article idea. Tell me the draft title, who it’s intended to help, and briefly outline how you would approach the rest of the piece, including any experts or sources you would include. No need to send a full draft.
- Links: Send me 2-3 samples of your previous writing.
Thank you! -Joseph Liu