Learn more aboutHow Joseph Can Help You
The people I serve
Having a steady day job with a nice job title doesn’t necessarily mean you feel fulfilled. If you’re struggling to find meaning in your day job, but unsure how to improve your situation, you’ve come to the right place.
My mission is to help you gain the clarity, confidence, and courage to take the brave steps needed to relaunch your career and do more meaningful work.Joseph Liu
Where to start
- Find clarity: watch my TEDx talk on how to gain the clarity to reshape your career. Check out my Career Change & Personal Branding blog with articles on navigating the ups & downs of a major career change.
- Gain confidence: check out my free resources with tools to help you prepare for your next career move.
- Gather courage: hear how other people relaunched their careers on the Career Relaunch podcast, featuring interviews with people who have reinvented themselves professionally.
- Navigate career change: Access my Career Resource Hub where you can find tools to manage career change, define your personal brand, and market yourself more effectively.
- Understand self-employment: Read my thoughts on The 5 Tradeoffs of Self Employment. Understand how to overcome the challenge of getting hired by your first client.
- Find useful tools: Visit my Business Resources to find out which services and products I use to build my personal brand and grow my business.
Joseph helped me apply for and secure a job in a completely different industry. Today, I am actually excited to be going to work each day and am considering going back to culinary school for a degree. I will be forever indebted to Joseph for helping me get closer to finding my true calling.
About Joseph Liu
My passion is for helping people gain the clarity, confidence and courage to relaunch their careers. After dropping out of medical school to figure out what I really wanted for my life, I spent the next 10 years working in brand management at both blue-chip & small startup companies in the US & UK.
Over time though, being embedded in the corporate world marketing cleaning products and desserts became rather uninspiring and mundane, so in 2013, I left my desk-job behind to start my own career consultancy focused on helping others navigate career change. Making the leap from my steady corporate office job into the world of solopreneurship was one of the scariest career moves I’ve ever made. But I’m so glad I did. Every single day, I feel energized, engaged, and excited to share my message and insights with others who aspire to find more meaningful work.
As a keynote speaker, workshop facilitator, career consultant, writer, and podcast host, I now take the principles I used to build & relaunch consumer brands to now help people build & relaunch their personal brands.
My “official” bio
My personal branding work is informed 10 years of global consumer marketing experience in the US & UK managing brands including Glad, Liquid-Plumr, Gü Puds, and Häagen-Dazs. As a Speaker, Personal Branding Strategist, Career Coach, Podcast Host, and Internationally Certified Coach, I’ve taken the principles used to build & relaunch international brands to help career-changers and aspiring business owners build & relaunch their personal brands.
I’ve been a featured speaker at TEDx, MarketingWeek Live, and The Guardian, and I’ve also been cited in pubs like the Forbes, Fast Company, Glassdoor, The Muse, Monster, SUCCESS Magazine, Credit Sesame, CEO Blog Nation, and Career Builder. You can reference my full history of press coverage.
I also host the Career Relaunch podcast (watch trailer), featured as a top business podcast for entrepreneurs in Forbes, the “best podcast for transitioning to a new career” in Glassdoor, and a top podcast to “help you find a job” in Business Insider. The podcast’s also received unanimous 5-star ratings and has ranked in the US & UK as a Top 30 career podcast on Apple Podcasts.
I was awarded my Associate Certified Coach (ACC) credential from the International Coach Federation, MBA from the University of Michigan, Ross School of Business, and Bachelors of Arts in Psychology from Northwestern University.
Work with me
I love working with individuals and groups focused on taking your careers in a new direction. Relaunching your career takes hard work, but I believe if you invest the time in clarifying your personal story and taking proactive actions to open new doors, you absolutely can do more of the work you find meaningful.