Learn more aboutHow Joseph Can Help You
Who i help
If you want to work with greater purpose and share your talents with the world, you’ve come to the right place. Having a steady day job doesn’t necessarily mean you’re feeling 100% fulfilled. If you no longer find your work meaningful, but you’re not sure what to do next, you’ve come to the right place.
I believe you must be willing to take brave steps to create the positive changes you want for your career. My mission is to help you do this so you can pursue more meaningful work.Joseph Liu
Where to start
- Find clarity: watch my TEDx talk on how to gain the clarity to reshape your career. Check out my Career Change & Personal Branding blog with articles on navigating the ups & downs of a major career change.
- Gain confidence: check out my free resources with tools to help you prepare for your next career move.
- Gather courage: hear how other people relaunched their careers on the Career Relaunch podcast, featuring interviews with people who have made major career leaps to pursue work they love.
- Navigate career change: Access my Career Hub where you can pinpoint where you are on your career journey, define your personal brand, and market yourself more effectively.
- Understand starting your own business: Read my thoughts on The 5 Tradeoffs of Self Employment. Understand how to overcome the challenge of getting hired by your first client.
- Discover useful business tools: Visit my Business Resources to find out which services and products I use to build my personal brand and grow my business.
Joseph helped me apply for and secure a job in a completely different industry. Today, I am actually excited to be going to work each day and am considering going back to culinary school for a degree. I will be forever indebted to Joseph for helping me get closer to finding my true calling.
About Joseph Liu
My passion is for helping people gain the clarity, confidence and courage to relaunch their careers. After dropping out of medical school to figure out what I really wanted to do with my life, I eventually pursued a career in business, later getting my MBA, and spending the next 10 years working in brand management at both blue-chip & small startup companies in the US & UK.
Over time though, being embedded in the corporate world as a Brand Manager marketing cleaning products and desserts became rather uninspiring and mundane, so in 2013, I left my desk-job behind to found my own career consultancy. Making the leap from my steady day job into the world of self-employment was one of the scariest career moves I’ve ever made. But I’m so glad I did it because every single day I feel energized, engaged, and excited to share my message and insights with others who aspire to make their own changes.
I’ve always struggled with what to call myself, but I’m a mix of a Career Strategist, Personal Branding Consultant, Speaker, and Internationally Certified Coach. I basically take the principles used to build & relaunch brands to now help career-changers and aspiring business owners build & relaunch their personal brands.
My “official” bio
My work is informed by 500+ hours of professional coaching and 10 years of global marketing experience in the US & UK managing brands including Glad, Liquid-Plumr, Gü Puds, and Häagen-Dazs. As a Personal Branding Strategist, Career Coach, Speaker, and Internationally Certified Coach, I’ve taken the principles used to build & relaunch international brands to help over 1,000 career-changers and aspiring business owners build & relaunch their personal brands. You can learn more about my individual, educational, and corporate clients.
I’ve been a featured speaker at events including TEDx and MarketingWeek Live. I was awarded my Associate Certified Coach (ACC) credential from the International Coach Federation, MBA from the University of Michigan, Ross School of Business, and Bachelors of Arts in Psychology from Northwestern University.
Work with me
I love working with individuals and groups focused on taking your careers in a new direction. Relaunching your career takes hard work, but I believe if you invest the time in clarifying your personal story and taking proactive actions to open new doors, you absolutely can do more of the work you find meaningful.